Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces have many advantages:
- flexibility of where to locate the fireplace
- energy efficiency as an alternative heating source
- convenience - optional remote control available
- realistic appearance of burning flames
- cleanliness - no ash to clean
- safety — a fully sealed system
A gas fireplace provides an authentic flame, supplemental and emergency heat. Basic Energy Fireplace Corp. offers great variety of styles, sizes and designs to suit any space — to add new a fireplace almost anywhere.
Vent-Free Gas Fireplaces
Basic Energy Fireplace Corp. will not sell ventless products. The reason was a simple business decision. We have traded off potential profits to eliminate the liability of selling a product with a potential health hazard. Those establishments that do sell these products do not adequately inform the customer of what they are buying and the operational restrictions of ventless products.
Basic Energy Fireplace Corp. has chosen not to carry vent-free fireplaces and gas logs because of the following factors:
- Low levels of carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and high levels of moisture can cause health problems in certain people. The moisture given off by vent-free fireplaces (nearly a gallon of water per gallon of gas) can cause problems in your home such as mold and mildew which can damage the structure. In addition they can irritate allergies and asthma and cause odors which some people find very annoying, especially if there are pets in the household.
- DON'T USE if anyone in the house is pregnant, asthmatic, anemic, diabetic, intoxicated, smokes or has heart, circulatory or respiratory problems or babies are in the house.
- DON'T USE more than 4 hours at a time nor more than 40 hours per week.
- DON'T USE as a sole source of heat.
- DON'T USE in very air tight homes.
- DON'T INSTALL in a bedroom or bathroom.
- CHECK YOUR LOCAL BUILDING CODES as further restrictions on the installation of vent free appliances may apply.